Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes!

I arrived in Johannesburg Sunday afternoon, leaving behind a foot of snow and 20 degree highs, and arriving to catch the last few hours of the warm South African sun. What a difference a day makes! Jennifer picked me up for the 3 hour drive to the base, and then I had a chance for brief introductions with some of the other Thrive Staff members. I can tell this is going to be a great team to work with and a great trip!

I spent Monday getting setup in the office and then making my first trip to the grocery store. It was actually pretty fun – so many similarities, yet so many differences as well including the amount of time it took. I’m having to relearn “African Time”.

Thank you so much for your prayers! Please continue to pray for Thrive Africa – that they continue to have a great impact in equipping and mobilizing local leaders. Please also pray for me - that I learn quickly, serve faithfully, lead humbly, and discern whatever is next in this wonderful journey.

And please feel free to email me directly at jillmariemarshall@yahoo.com. Just a warning, because our internet goes down pretty frequently there may be delays in responding back – but I’d love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Jill:

    Thanks for sharing!! Glad to see you're doing well and learning to thrive (pun intended :-) My prayers and well-wishes are with you -- Keep up the good work!!

    - Gopal

    ReplyDelete