Friday, February 6, 2009

Home Away From Home

Dumela (Hello). It has been a great week here at Thrive Africa, and I’m looking forward to the weekend – getting to know the team better, exploring the property, a trip into town (30+ minutes away), and attending a local African church…

Folks have asked about the accommodations here, especially my family who knows I’m not “High Maintenance”, but I’m also by no means “Maintenance Free.” Yes – I have running water, electricity, even a pretty nice kitchen and my own bathroom. I’m living in a 4 bedroom, 3 bath chalet with 2 other great ladies. It’s nice. I’ve included a few pictures primarily for my mom so she won’t worry about me, but also thought others might be interested as well.

Even better, horses, zebra and other animals graze around us. The horses are not fazed by us at all – I’m looking at 3 outside my office window right now. But the other animals run when they see us, so so far I only have pictures of rear ends. I’ll try to be sneakier on some of my hikes.

Hope you enjoy. Thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment