Monday, June 8, 2009

Disco Celebration



It was a great first week here at Thrive Africa! We’re ramping up for the busiest part of the outreach season with 24 summer interns and several mission teams arriving in the next weeks and months. I’ll share more about those in future blogs.

I’m also feeling settled into my new room and new house. This week the Thrive Africa family celebrated Jenn’s birthday by throwing a Disco Party complete with homemade disco ball, strobe lights, and creative costumes. (Mine wasn’t all that creative, but I managed to feather my hair. Where is Aqua Net when you need it?!?) Marc was the DJ and put together an awesome collection of videos and music from the 60’s and 70’s. And Cassie won the costume contest with her Charlie’s Angels jumpsuit. We had a great time!

Here is a picture of me and my housemates – Charlene, Katie, and June and then of picture of the entire Thrive Africa staff minus Amy our Director who is taking the picture. Jenn is the “disco diva” with the blue hair, and Dave is the “crazy cat” in the crazy shirt. They are our Ministry Directors managing all of our ministry programs.

Thanks for all your prayers and support along this amazing journey. And thank you for helping us to raise up the next generation of believers and Godly leaders here in South Africa.

Blessings, Jill

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill,

    Looks like you are still having fun. I hope and pray God gives you the strength and support to succeed in your mission. I know he will. God Bless. Miss you. Love Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete