Sunday, June 14, 2009

Twenty4Seven Interns - Super Heroes in My Book

Well, I don’t want you to think all we do is party, but… Last night our Twenty4Seven interns hosted a Super Hero party. It was a great time for the extended Thrive Africa family – staff and interns – to kick back, laugh and relax before things get really busy starting next week. As you can see the costumes are pretty creative and really hilarious! We had creative names, every super-power you can imagine, and homemade (super-cheap) costumes. It was a lot of fun!

So I thought it would be a good opportunity to introduce you to our extended family. This year we have 8 wonderful young men and women with us in our year-long internship program called Twenty4Seven. The internship program is an intense, hands-on experience for young adults interested in serving the Lord for a year, and is a great step for those considering full-time mission work. Many of the Thrive Africa staff started as interns, loved it, and then returned to work long-term.

Interns get to teach classes, facilitate conferences, help host mission teams, work behind the scenes in the ministry, and attend classes such as language, culture, and discipleship classes. It’s an awesome program, and an awesome group interns. They are definitely Super Heroes to me!

So here is a picture of our extended Thrive Africa family. I’m the one in the middle with the pink winged mask. As Princess Petomai (Greek for fly…I hope), the Ancient Greek warrior, I can fly into the past or the future fighting crime and bringing justice for all. All in a day’s work! And yes, my dress is made of a trash bag and duct tape, and my shield is a steering wheel cover.

Thanks so much for your support and for standing in prayer with us. Please pray for a fruitful and impactful Outreach season. And please let me know if you have prayer requests that I can lift up.

Blessings, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment