Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back Safe and Sound

Greetings from South Africa! My friend June and I made it back safe and sound. Praise God! Thank you so much for the prayers and support that enabled me to return. It’s such a privilege to be able to serve here in South Africa.

When we first arrived we spent a couple of days in Johannesburg to shop for supplies that we can only get in the city. A few staff members met us as well. Trips into the city have to be well planned because our base is 3 hours away, yet still flexible because of what we affectionately call “South Africa time”. I spent the weekend settling into my new room and catching up with friends, and then kicked off my new role as Outreach Coordinator on Monday.

It has been a whirlwind over the past 2 weeks between leasing and moving out of my house, spending time with family and friends, packing and storing all my stuff, traveling, etc. Whew! So it’s great to be settling into this next chapter of my life.

Praise Reports:
- For the support of my family who helped so much with the move and for giving me a place to stay during the transition.
- For prayer and financial partners who helped me to return. (I’m currently at 60% of my financial goal).
- For the significant impact that Thrive Africa is having among the Basotho people as they carry out their God-gifted mission.
- That we (you and I) are invited to serve alongside them.


Prayer Requests:
- That I adjust quickly to my new home and role as Outreach Coordinator.
- For the additional financial support needed to remain in South Africa.
- For the busy Internship and Outreach season that ramps-up in mid-June.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. Please let me know if you have any prayer requests that I can lift up. And please keep in touch – I’d love to hear from you. jillmariemarshall@yahoo.com

Blessings, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment