Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Godly Stewardship


On September 6th more than 130 leaders came together to learn how to be God’s salt and light “From the Inside Out”. The topics we taught included Godly Stewardship and Kingdom Living – things we need to model in our own lives before we can effectively witness to others. Based on the responses, God was clearly at work that day.

God was at work in me as well, as this was my first opportunity to teach such a large group. It was a challenge and a stretch outside of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed it and would like to teach more in the future.

My two messages were about Godly stewardship – God’s design for stewardship and the practical ways we can live according to His principles. It was such a blessing to share what God has been teaching me through His Word, and also draw from my personal and professional experiences.

Did you know that the Bible has well over 2000 verses related to money? Money is definitely a popular subject in the Bible. I think this is because it’s an area where we’re so often tempted. It’s where we are humbled. And it’s where we struggle the most to trust in the Lord.

Have you ever struggled in trusting God for provision, whether for yourself, your family, or your ministry? Wondering how the bills would get paid or the work would get done? I know I have. Losing my job, raising support for missions, living on a small fraction of what I used to, depending on God and others… The Lord often uses our financial circumstances to test and refine us, to teach us to trust Him, and to ultimately strengthen our faith.

How we handle our money – whether we have a lot or a little – reflects our relationship with God. It can be a source of life and blessing when we’re fully committed to God. But it can also be a trap that Satan uses to separate us from God. We can avoid that trap by knowing what the Bible says, obeying it, and walking in the freedom it provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment