Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A God-thing


What are you listening to right now? What do you hear around you? Birds singing or trees rustling? A cool song? Kids laughing? Your boss? (If this is the case, stop reading this and get back to work!!)…

I can’t even imagine how challenging it would be to have a disability – not being able to see, hear, speak, or walk… Things I need to be thankful for and not take for granted. As difficult as it must be, how much more difficult is it when someone doesn’t have access to helpful resources?

Our Sunbreak mission team had the divine opportunity to minister to a family of deaf people. I know it was a divine appointment because 2 of the team members have deaf people in their families as well.

They shared with us how special their time was together, and what a blessing it was to get to know the family, share the love of Christ, and leave them with a long letter of encouragement. They were able to communicate by writing in English, which I also think was a total God-thing.

The family isn’t able to attend church, so the Lord brought church to them. He knew what the family needed, and loved them so much that He sent people across the world to tell them.

See what I mean about being a total God-thing?

I don’t have a picture of the team with the family, but I thought you’d enjoy this one. I call it “Jumping for Joy”. What do you think makes God jump for joy? We do.

No comments:

Post a Comment