Monday, April 12, 2010

Seven Pounds

Yikes! Seven Pounds! No, I’m not talking about the Will Smith movie…4 weeks and 7 pounds later I’m back in South Africa.

What have I missed the most being in South Africa? Definitely Jets Pizza and Chinese food! We can get pizza here, and even make it homemade, but it’s not as THICK and YUMMY as Jets. That’s why Jets was on the menu for my family going-away party Friday night. And for Chinese food, we pretty much need to go to Johannesburg (or another big city) which is 3 hours away.

Other yummy treats I enjoyed while in Michigan included Middle Eastern and Italian food, the best steak dinner ever, Cheezits, Golden Grahams, Mt. Dew, Panera, Taco Bell and Arbys. And I chowed-down the Arbys while driving just because I could…yay for automatics!!

I had such a great time connecting with family, friends and partners, typically over a delicious meal. Now I just need to keep remembering that when I restart my running. Thanks Rob, Wendy, Paige and Brandon for the early birthday present – Trailing Running and Hiking Shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment