Saturday, March 27, 2010

Interdependence

I knew this goofy picture would get your attention! When people ask how my visit to Michigan is going, I usually say something like “Great. It’s been fun to see family and friends.” Which is so true! But this doesn’t even begin to express what it has been like.

I’ve also been humbled, overwhelmed, and blessed by the outpouring of love and support.

I’ve been intimidated and even a little embarrassed about being in the “spotlight” as I’ve shared my testimony and heart for South Africa.

And I’ve had to trade my once-valued independence for God’s design of interdependence as I’ve relied on partners in various ways – everything from prayers and encouragement to accommodations and a vehicle here to additional finances so that I can stay working in South Africa.

Through this whirl of emotions the Lord just keeps reminding me of how blessed I am to do the work I love, for people I love, with people I love (those in South Africa and partners in the US). What a joy this past year has been!

So I guess this is just a huge THANK YOU to everyone who is helping to make all this possible! May the Lord bless you as you have blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment