Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Learning to Lead Like Christ

I spent time this week reviewing feedback from our Hand in Hand leadership conference. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, we hosted more than 80 church leaders hungry to learn how to BE leaders and BUILD leaders who honor God in all they do. Not only were they thankful for the opportunity to sharpen their leadership skills, but they also felt recognized, valued, and encouraged by a conference designed just for them. Many expressed that they now saw themselves as the Lord does - as children of God, disciples, disciple-makers, and leaders in their families, communities and churches.

What a blessing to serve them and sow into them in this way! Their surveys really touched my heart! We asked people what God had done in their heart and lives through the conference and here are some responses.

“I was reminded that I must be a good example. When I ask people to follow me, they must leave everything and follow because, like Christ, I’m also a fisher of men.”

“I learned a lot about discipleship, and I believe I will leave here being a great leader and making more disciples.”

“I learned about what a leader should look like, how to build leaders, the importance of living a holy life, and how to be like Jesus.”

Please pray with us that our local church leaders continue to be like Christ, lead like Christ and build the leaders of tomorrow. And please pray with me as I plan for next year’s Hand in Hand pastoral development program.

2 comments:

  1. You rock Jill! Keep up the good work in Africa.
    - Patrick Powell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome feedback! I'm so excited for all that you're doing with the churches and the pastors :)

    ReplyDelete