Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Revelation

I often pray to receive things from Christ – everything from wisdom and strength to provision and blessings. But what is Christ supposed to receive from me? Revelation 5:12 says “In a loud voice they sang: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” Christ is worthy to receive all these things, which got me thinking about what they meant and if I was giving them to Him.

I’ve been studying Revelation during my morning devotion times…it’s a difficult but rewarding book of the Bible to chew on. Thankfully I found a good commentary to help out.

Power: Do I give Christ power over my life? Do I release the reigns of control to Him?

Wealth: Do I give Him all my silver and gold? Do I tithe appropriately and cheerfully? Do I use all that I have for His glory?

Wisdom: Do I give Him the finest of my intellectual powers? Do I use my mind and my abilities for His glory?

Strength: Do I give Him my physical strength for His service?

Honor: Do I have a single, pure desire to magnify Him in everything I do?

Glory: Is my entire life devoted to glorifying Him?

Praise: Do I use all of my abilities and powers of praise for Him?

I’ve heard the verse many times before; it’s even recited in a worship song I listen to regularly. I think I’ve heard it so much I quickly skip past its deep meaning. That Christ is worthy to receive all these things from me, and from each of us. And that I’m a work in progress, but that’s not a bad thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment