Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm So Thankful

Thanksgiving is around the corner which makes me pause to think of all the things I have to be thankful for…not that giving thanks is reserved for one day, we should always have an “attitude of gratitude”, but the actual holiday is a great reminder.

I’m so thankful that the Lord has called me to serve full-time in South Africa. It has been a welcomed challenge and great joy to join in the Lord’s vision for training Godly leaders and changing the course of this nation.

I’m also so thankful for the financial and prayer support that allows me to live out this calling. I’m thankful for the provision, and even for the lessons I’ve learned about faith and interdependence when things have been tight.

I’m so thankful for the support of my family, as we were all sad about me moving far away and the holidays make it even more difficult. (I’ve been feeling a bit homesick lately).

I’m so thankful for the many ways the Lord has moved through Thrive Africa this year – lives committed to Christ, leaders trained and mobilized, real change taking root in our churches, schools and communities...the list goes on.

And I’m so thankful for the fresh vision, passion, and focus the Lord is giving us for the future. It’s has been exciting to plan for next year - seeking God’s will, setting goals, working together to expand our reach and multiply Godly leaders.

To sum it up, I’m thankful that we all have so many things to be thankful for! And I pray that you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment: